Co-operation Ireland is the leading peace-building charity on the island of Ireland. It aims to promote improved relations between the people of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
We are recruiting for the following post:
YouthPact Project Administrator (NJC Scale 6)
(Maternity Cover – minimum of 9 months with possibility of extension)
Based in: Co-operation Ireland, Belfast
Reports to: Project Manager
Starting Salary: £21,074 (plus pension contribution)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Leave: 25 days p.a. plus statutory holidays
The officer will be required to provide financial, administrative and secretariat support to the “YouthPact” project to support the successful delivery of the project. The job includes the planning and implementation of the administration needs of the Project.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide administrative support to the YouthPact project, including collation of the quantitative and qualitative information provided by the partners
- Monitor expenditure by all partners to ensure it aligns with the requirements of the funding body
- Prepare and submit quarterly financial returns for the project.
- Ensure adherence to the required procurement and tendering procedures
- Collect information for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Maintain the project recording and filing systems
- Provide secretariat support to the project boards
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of reports for the project boards and funders
- Organise and attend relevant project meetings
- To undertake any training and identified development opportunities required in order to undertake the responsibilities outlined
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as agreed.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject plus 1 years’ experience of payroll and other financial records
- 5 GCSE’s grades A – C, including English Language and Mathematics, plus 2 years’ experience of payroll and other financial records
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the last 5 years in the financial administration of EU funded projects
- Accounting qualification
- RSA qualifications
Specific Job Skills:
- Knowledge of EU eligibility criteria, including compliance with public tendering and procurement procedures (training will be provided)
- Personal Situation: Must be able to commute reliably to office base; needs car and clean driving licence. Able to work extended hours when required. Able to travel and stay overnight at off-site locations, if required
- Experience of project administration and finance systems
- Experience of procurement and tendering processes
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Must be adept in use of MS Office Applications
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Organised, efficient and self motivated individual with sensitivity and openness towards peacebuilding and reconciliation work.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with others of different backgrounds and abilities.
- Able to work both as an individual and as part of a team
To download an application form click here
YouthPact is a project supported by the European Union’s PEACE IV programme, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body (SEUPB)