Accounts and Payroll Assistant - Maternity Cover
Co-operation Ireland is the leading peace-building charity on the island of Ireland. It aims to promote improved relations between the people of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
We are recruiting for the following post:
Job Title: Accounts and Payroll Assistant
Salary: Based on relevant experience
Location: Dublin 8
We are looking Accounting and Payroll Assistant to cover maternity leave for a period of 9-12 months. The person will perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team. The role involves assisting accounting officials/senior management in the maintenance, reporting and management of the company’s finances. In addition you will be responsible for processing Irish and UK payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Update SAGE 200 debtors, creditors, nominal ledgers and cash book. • Reconcile bank accounts.
• Liaise with programme staff on grants
• Prepare expenditure reports for funders
• Assist in preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts
• Assist in submissions of annual statements to CRO and Companies House
• Other finance office duties as required.
• Prepare monthly payroll for UK and Irish staff using Sage Micropay Professional and Sage 50 Payroll
• Compute PAYE, PRSI and SMP; statutory returns, processing Year End procedures.
• Update Income Protection and Life Assurance database
• Keep employee records up to date and manage payroll queries
• 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
• IPass Qualification and finance degree an advantage
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Strong MS office (Excel, Outlook & Word) skills
• Knowledge of Sage 200 and Sage Micropay Professional
• Knowledge of Sage 50 Payroll for UK an advantage
• The integrity and honesty to respect confidential information
Please email your CV and cover letter to Gerilyn Fadden at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is February 20th 2018